We are taking our next steps, the survey on our house was carried out a couple of weeks ago. Boy were they thorough, like a “Compex” going to the USA, you could almost hear the rubber gloves snapping on! It was built in 1904 so they are bound to find something, but we are treating no news as good news.

We have looked at several properties and believe “the one” is out there. It seems there are compromises with all of them and it’s a matter of making sure we make the right decision. We don’t want to tempt fate so we won’t say exactly which are on our shortlist until we have had an offer accepted.

Could this be it?