October is a wonderful time to visit the Long Barn. The popular spots are quieter, the leaves are changing colour and there’s still lots to see and to.
Here are our top ten suggestions of things to do in October:
1. Enjoy the Dark Skies of the North York Moors National Park. During the festivals, there are lots of events on. Or as we are accredited dark sky friendly, make the most of the Long Barn courtyard, and star gaze yourself with a cuppa.
3. Enjoy all things Halloween – visit the Cedar Barn pumpkin patch and have a ride on the mini railway.
4. Go for a woodland walk and enjoy the autumnal colours. You’ll be spoilt for choice with the walks from our door.
5. Visit the Yorkshire Arboretum to enjoy the autumn leaves and the red squirrels.
6. Have a leisurely Sunday pub lunch in front of a roaring fire; you have a choice of 5 pubs which are a short or longer walk from the door.
9. Drive over the moors to Goathland. Explore this beautiful village and have lunch at the wonderful Homestead Kitchen.
10. Order a meal to be delivered from one of our wonderful caterers. Kick back and relax in front of the log burner, catching up with friends and family.