- The entire site is heated with a biomass boiler which uses wood pellets.
- All bulbs in the barns are LED.
- We provide a Quooker tap for guests to heat their water, a more efficient way than using a kettle.
- We have minimal outside lights other than fire exits to avoid light pollution being in a dark skies area.
- All toiletries are filled up between guests and come from Bath House in recyclable aluminium bottles.
- The Long Barn garden is a green space for guests planted with perennial grasses and minimal pots to avoid the need for watering.
- We promote the hire of bikes from Big Bear Bikes in Pickering to encourage guests to use these instead of their car. We ourselves own two electric bikes and recommend several local bike rides for guests.
- We have a number of North York Moors accreditations which will appeal to walkers, cyclists, nature watchers and other outdoor enthusiasts.
- We provide bike facilities for guests including bike storage, a bike clean area.
- We champion local business to our guests including hidden gems that they may not have heard of e.g. when local markets take place.
- We promote local catering options from where to eat out, to in house catering options.
- We recommend hidden gems away from the more crowded spots for guests to enjoy.
- We support the North York Moors country code, Share with Care within our welcome guide.
For the future, we are sourcing on site electric car charging points for guests.
Watch this space…